Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Author Exposure Review

A nice review from the Author Exposure blog. It really speaks to why I wrote the book. After reading the review, someone asked me if I thought my book would be good to give to a friend who is considering marrying an alcoholic. I never thought about "that person" as my audience, but who better to read Daughter of the Drunk at the Bar?

If "that person" reads my book, and if it helps inform their decision and save her/or him (and any future children) some heart ache? I'd feel really good about that.  

I feel like my own mom had no idea what she was getting herself into. She was like that metaphor about the frog in the boiling water. I'm not saying alcoholics are not deserving of love. I'm not saying you shouldn't marry one. But it would be best to go in with your eyes open, and have firm boundaries about what you will and will not tolerate.

1 comment: